Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"Why I said what I said to Vanessa and John"

Vanessa's piece was very good. I liked the way she was able to give full explanations about the poet and almost everything she wrote about. Her choice of words were good too. The one small problem, I wouldn't even call it that, was that the professor asked for the students to write a definition of tone in their own words, and she took her definition from the internet. Other then that, it was a very well written essay.

John's essay was good on a different level. Instead of choosing a poet and poem, he chose a song by Led Zeppelin. I thought this was a unique approach to writing his essay.. He went outside of the box, and he chose what he liked. In a way, songs are written as poems, so I think it was a good choice. He knew about the song very well, and explained the lyrics and how the symbolism and tone were incorporated in them. One thing that I believed shouldn't have been in the essay was the entire song lyrics. I explained to John that a few lyrics, just to show the reader what he was talking about would have been good.


This was a fun experience for me, and I think now I am more ready and in some ways more confident if I am chosen to tutor ENG 099 students.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments. I thought you did a fantastic job with your responses! You were very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete