Thursday, March 25, 2010

"How I feel about becoming a Writing Tutor"

I have a number of different feelings and emotions about becoming a Writing Tutor.

I feel a little scared because I feel that I may not be able to help the student understand what I'm trying to say when explaining something to him or her.

I feel anxious because I have never tutored college students. I have always helped students who are a lot younger then I am.

I am feeling happy because I love being able to help someone especially in the area of English, and in particular, writing.

I feel somewhat nervous because I don't want to be giving students the wrong information or have them fail or get a bad grade because of me giving them information that isn't correct, or have them misunderstand something that I am trying to say.

At the end of it all, I want the experience to be worthwhile. I want it to be beneficial to both me and the student. I want to be able to have the student learn new things as well as have myself learn new things about writing and the students as well. I want the student to be happy with their final outcome of their writing assignment and I want them to thank me for helping them. I believe that the most rewarding thing is having someone appreciate you helping them do good.

1 comment:

  1. Francesca, It seems reasonbale to to feel nervous about tutoring fellow college students. You express that feeling well here. However, based on your blog responses to John and Vanessa, I think you have potential to be a great tutor. Keep working hard and I think many students will benefit from your sage advice!

    ReplyDelete